Thursday, August 10, 2006

Podcast with care

Michael Allen provides some lively comments about podcasting and the hype that goes with it.

Issue 1 - for workplace learning or educational applications the time to view is "out of work/class" time; rather than refine our messages we expect more time to come out of "personal time"

Issue 2 - it is a telling tool; no interaction

I agree with Michael on this. My eperience with the podcast is tempered by my past with audiotapes. the droning voice of a lecturer, neither edited or instructionally refined, is anathemea to learning.
First I can't interact, but second I am deathly bored and falling asleep until -stop,rewind,play - wow, there's a nugget of information in a sea of rambling. Why didn't they just say that in the beginning or provide in text form? Nattering nabobs...back to sleep I go...

No comments: