Tuesday, December 05, 2006

To fix education, think Web 2.0

CNET reporting on John Seely Brown speaking at MIT suggesting that web 2.0 is the fix for education - "education is going through a large scale transformation toward aore participatory form of learning." and " web 2.0 affords opportunities for information sharing and content creation with "students who are passionate about specific topics...study in groups and participate in online communities."

Yes, yes and yes again. When I find someone passionate about the same things I am passionate about, my learning increases - when I participate my learning increases. When I make my own choice about learning -space, time, association, selection - my learning increases. Web 2.0 affords me access to the passion and participation - it's a no brainer. But changing the existing structure and control of the educational establishment, the learning delivery and assessment framework - now that is difficult.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thinks web2 @ web20searchengine.com